All New for 2020
new zealand’s first ONLINE BUSINESS EXPO
This is the business event of the year you won’t want to miss!
Brought to you by the Hutt Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Exhibitors – discover new talent and vital local business connections on your own doorstep by taking a look through the online stands (to be unveiled on 12 October)
- Prizes and Expo Only Deals – take a look through the Expo stands to find businesses of interest. Leave your virtual business card to make a connection and enter their prize draws
- Real-time Livestream Broadcasts – benefit from local expertise. Get free advice and ask questions
- Virtual Tours – prerecorded tours inside local businesses. See new products or find out more about these local businesses by watching short videos at many of the exhibitor stands
In person events
- Business Economist Breakfast, with guest speaker Brad Olsen, sponsored by NZME
- Business Safaris – get up close to some fabulous businesses in our region, get a personal tour and see behind the scenes on one of our local business tours
- Manufacturing and Technology Forum – highlighting the breadth of innovative hi tech manufacturing companies across the Wellington region. Opened by the Hon Grant Robertson and sponsored by WellingtonNZ
- Health and Financial Wellness Forum – help to manage your health and finances in a Covid environment, sponsored by Gee & Hickton
- Education to Employment Careers Showcase – opportunities for school leavers to learn about local trade careers and for local employers to connect with young talent coming through. Opened by the Hon Chris Hipkins
- The Wellington Big Business Bash, sponsored by Lower Hutt Events Centre. This event is open to everyone and free for Hutt Valley Chamber members. Celebrate nearing the end of the rollercoaster ride of 2020 with us and meet up with other business people in person. This event is the officially closes the Wellington Business Expo 2020 and is our last opportunity to come together on a large scale this year
Grow your business opportunities with the 2020 Wellington Business Expo, a two-week-long Business Showcase that keeps giving online for up to 12 months!
Exhibitors will be offering Expo-only deals and prizes at their online stands. There’ll be a host of livestream broadcasts throughout the two weeks, as well as many in person events.
See the Expo Stands
Discover a range of fabulous businesses in your own backyard. Love local and support each other as we all adapt to this Covid era. See businesses you’d like to know more about? Leave your virtual business card to get in touch. Or look out for exhibitors who are hosting real-time livestream broadcasts to find out more and while you’re there, enter the prize draws.
Get free access to all the exhibitors, and leave your online business card to connect and enter prize draws. Watch livestreams and find out more about the businesses in your own backyard. take part in Q&A. Join us at our in person events taking place across the Wellington region.
Hear from local experts offering advice and expertise, free of charge to our business community, from 12-22 October 2020
There is a wealth of information on offer from our local business community during the Wellington Business Expo. These real-time livestream broadcasts will take place on our Facebook page, so head there to join the discussion and ask any questions.
MONDAY, 12 OCT | 12:00-12:30PM
How to Generate New Business
Top Achievers Sales Training – Jean Barr
Jean will cover:
1. What is your vision?
2. Who are your target customers? Identify them
3. Do your homework on clients
4. SWOT analysis of your competition
5. What is your value proposition
6. WIIFT – what is in it for your client to choose you above the competition?
8. Sales Strategy – goals
MONDAY, 12 OCT | 4:00-4:30PM
Employment Opportunities for School Leavers
Equip Recruitment – Nichola Moore, Marc Gullett, Helen Down
The panel will cover:
• Education to Employment Showcase
• Employing young people
• Equip Recruitment services and support for school leavers
• How and why they are supporting students
• Speed meet
WEDNESDAY, 14 OCT | 8:00-8:30AM
Industry Stories with Jason Dennison
JD Rigging Services – Jason Dennison
In these difficult times where many are losing their jobs, it’s great to see an industry that is always calling out for people.
With over 20 years experience in the crane industry, Jason Dennison and his team will talk to you about the industry and career opportunities within the crane industry. JD Rigging has branches in Wellington and Auckland.
WEDNESDAY, 14 OCT | 2:00-2:30PM
Unblock Your Sales Pipeline After Lockdown
Magnify Consulting – Mary Crampton
Are you concerned about reaching your revenue targets while juggling nervous buyers, an election and Christmas all in the same quarter? Join us for actionable sales tips that you can use right now in your business to unblock your sales pipeline after lockdown.
THURSDAY, 15 OCT | 12:00-12:30PM
How to Save Time and Money on all NZ Immigration Applications
Woburn International – June Ranson and panel
Join June Ranson from Woburn International as she shares with you what her business Woburn International does and learn how to save time and money on all New Zealand Immigration applications.
FRIDAY, 16 OCT | 10:00-10:30AM
How to Make Your Job Application Stand Out from the Crowd
Network HR Limited – Anna Ramm
Network HR is a boutique consultancy that helps businesses all over the Wellington Region grow by getting the best from their people. Founder, Anna Ramm, who has over 20 years’ experience both nationally and internationally within recruitment, human resources and senior management, will present some key tips and insider information on “how to make your job application stand out from the crowd,” which is more important now than ever before, as due to Covid, there has been a significant increase of “job seekers” and a limited amount of jobs available.
FRIDAY, 16 OCT | 3:00-3:30PM
How New Zealand’s First Online Business Expo Came Together
Hutt Valley Chamber of Commerce – Helen Down | Expo Sponsor Nettl – Ryno Viljoen
Helen and Ryno discuss what it takes to put together an online Business Expo, why it came into being and how this year’s exhibitors can make the most of being part of this event. Local businesses are all living the uncertainty of Covid together, so come together and get in touch by leaving your virtual business card with businesses you’d like to touch base with.
TUESDAY, 20 OCT | 10:00-10:30AM
How to Maximise Returns and Unlock Potential
enable.me – Hannah McQueen
Join Financial Strategist and Business Coach, Hannah McQueen to learn how to create business efficiencies, build momentum, develop a strategy to maximise returns, unlock potential and drive greater value for your business.
WEDNESDAY, 21 OCT | 8:00-8:30AM
You, Your People and Your Business
BSI People Skills – Catthy Sheppard
People, whether it’s you as a business owner, staff, suppliers or even clients are the biggest strength to your business. They can also be your biggest weakness. Join BSI People Skills and learn to turn your biggest weakness into your biggest strength and make 2021 your best year to date!
DAY AND TIME TO BE CONFIRMED
What you Need to Know About Funerals
Gee & Hickton – Cassie and Gavin Murphy
Join Gavin and Cassie Murphy from Gee & Hickton Funeral Directors. They will cover the value of a funeral, how funerals have changed over time and they will also chat to you about pre-planning and pre-paid funerals.
Sponsors can host events, receive naming rights and are key business supporters of our Wellington Business Expo.