Connected to employment, education, training and our community!
At the Ministry of Social Development, we are connected. Connected to employment, education, training and our community.
Did you know MSD (the Ministry of Social Development) does recruitment?
In Wellington we have three dedicated employment connected centres, a team of 60 people focused on business development, employment services, vacancy management and local labour market advice and support.
We can help businesses find, train and retain great people, as well as having access to the largest pool of available talent across the country.
A few things you may not know about us:
- Our recruitment service is FREE.
- We have a range of services and products to help you recruit great people. This includes an apprenticeship scheme that isn’t just for young people…it’s for all ages and lots of different industries…hairdressing apprentices, building trades apprentices. There are lots of options.
- We also have support for people who’ve been looking for work for longer. We offer free training programmes and flexi wage options to help pay a salary as your employee gets up to speed with the job.
- If you’ve found a candidate to hire, or already hired someone, but they need some extra support or training, we may be able to help.
- Whether you’re a small, medium or large business, or looking to recruit locally or nationally, we can help.
- With the impacts of COVID, we’ve been committed to working with employers to help businesses stay open and keep Wellington working. The candidates we can give you today come from diverse backgrounds and have a variety of skills and experiences.
- We’ll get to know you and your business and take away some of those time-consuming tasks when looking for new employees. We’ll discuss your requirements, list your vacancy, advertise throughout our networks and online platforms, our team will then start a comprehensive search of our database, screen and match candidates to your role.
- We work with a range of training providers and help candidates to gain the necessary skills and qualifications needed for specific roles.
- For more info about how we can help your business, go to our website, contact one of our employment managers or pop into one of our Employment Connected Centres in the Hutt Valley, Porirua or Wellington city.
Leave your Virtual Business card
By leaving your details you are giving us permission to add your contact details to our database. We do not share your information with third parties.